Designed and built the 13th WELL Certified project in the world
Institute of Real Estate Management
In 2016, GNP and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®) were awarded a WELL Certified™ Silver rating for the Institute’s Chicago-based headquarters—marking the first association to receive a WELL certification and the 13th WELL certified project in the world.
The WELL certification recognizes achievements in the built environment focused on enhancing people’s health and wellbeing through the built environment. The GNP-managed trade association headquarters earned the silver level rating based on high ratings following rigorous testing across seven categories of building performance—air, water, light, nourishment, fitness, comfort, and mind.
Working collaboratively, the following office technologies and project features led to the certification:
- Specialty lighting designed to reduce energy costs and enhance comfort
- Ergonomic and flexible workstations
- Optimized fresh-air on-demand delivery mechanisms
- ENERGY STAR appliances, workplace equipment and workstation lighting
- Sensors to control lighting efficiencies
- Office cues to encourage healthy behavior
The IREM® office is also LEED ID+C: Commercial Interiors Gold. With GNP and the building owner, IREM was recognized with a “Green Lease Leaders: Team Transaction Award” for the office project category in 2016.